|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=4d80578da2ea444176371bd054c17cd2 profile.php?mode=register&sid=4d80578da2ea444176371bd054c17cd2 faq.php?sid=4d80578da2ea444176371bd054c17cd2 search.php?sid=4d80578da2ea444176371bd054c17cd2

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman » Post election thoughts
Post election thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Tom Bartels
Friend of 149

All,
For all who supported me in the election, I appreciate your vote and hope to live up to your expectations.
The task is a daunting one. My job carries a fiduciary responsibility to ensure the benefits and services the Association provides will continue and survive into the future. Our publications, message board and web site, museum and Library, classes, etc. must receive adequate funding or be reduced. Normal membership dues will not cover all these costs.
Therefore every avenue of finding outside or untried sources of income and new members has become a necessity. Everything must be on the table and every opportunity must be explored.
This includes trying to generate more income from the NAWCC Message Board either through user fees, contributions, and or advertising.
I have also been working with the Silver Dollar Regional in Reno to accommodate the watch people. I will expand on this later, but it is a great venue, 5 minutes from the airport, excellent facilities and $79 rooms.
All of the ideas that will be discussed will and have upset some people and I'm willing to take the heat, but we all should shoulder some responsibility to preserve what I think is a very important and necessary institution.
Tom Bartels
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Neilywatch
Chapter Member

Tom-

I hope you can do it without watering down the mission too much. I am seeing stuff being offered that I think is a stretch to be included in horology -meaning some of the museum activities.

I think shifting more stuff online will save money in terms of having to have physical presence in the things we currently do.

I think the Website is a major priority and I suggest even though it will be more money having professionals revamp and manage the site, it will pay off in the long run.

Good Luck! Neil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
S Mercer
Chapter Member

Tom

One of the items that should be looked at is the website, specifically how the project donations are presented.

I dare anybody to easily find the link to projects that the NAWCC is asking for donations for.

To make it easy for you here is the link:

http://www.nawcc.org/images/stories/donations/TimelyNeeds_6-26-14.pdf

The only reason I found the link is because there was a thread started by Sam Kirk on the message board and the link was put in the thread.

The actual list titled NAWCCs Timely Needs is dated 6/26/14. It is not being updated to be kept current. Also, most of the projects listed are of a general purpose/building needs that a majority of members will not donate to or for.

Where are the requests for donations for preservation, restoration projects or for purchase of collection items for the museum and/or educational purposes? These are the projects that the majority of members would donate to. And the list should be easy to find with a prominent link right on the main page and the message board.

Chapter 100
Chapter 149 Member # 83
Waltham Model 83 Watches
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
kirxklox
Chapter Guest

The NAWCC should bite the bullet.

It should disenfranchise itself from Members and become a real Non Profit! Only then will it become a real Organization.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
doc ron
Chapter Member

to raise money the nawcc needs to charge for their message board

doc ron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
kirxklox
Chapter Guest

The National Geographic is a good example of what I suggested.
Post election thoughts
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » ASK Rich Newman, assoc chairman