|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=7015fc9f893bce60dfe9cd171cbad55f profile.php?mode=register&sid=7015fc9f893bce60dfe9cd171cbad55f faq.php?sid=7015fc9f893bce60dfe9cd171cbad55f search.php?sid=7015fc9f893bce60dfe9cd171cbad55f

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » Pocket Watch Discussions » Arizona regional posponed!
Arizona regional posponed!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

Dear Clock Enthusiast
The AZ Sunshine Regional has been Postponed!
We are very sorry for this change in plans.

The decision was made just a few hours ago. We hope you can change your reservations as needed:: hotel, air fare, and anything you may need to rearrange
Nawcc Chapter 112 board have reached the conclusion that, for the safety of our clock community and the general public, we should postpone our annual Regional [March 13-14] due to extreme concerns about the Corona Virus epidemic that is hitting the country. Numbers are increasing rapidly daily.

More importantly, we just learned this afternoon that Paul Gosart, Republican congressman for AZ, had a rather large meeting last week-end in the Fountain Hills ballroom (which we use for the Regional). He is now self-quarantining himself, as he and many other of our Congressional leaders were exposed to the virus at CPAC recently.

The spread of the virus is increasing exponentially across the USA and many people will be traveling from long distances to attend, potentially spreading the virus to those of us attending.

Fountain Hills Community Center will NOT have the necessary hand sanitizer stations available due to severe shortages in the supply lines. We have personally looked in many locals stores and people have totally raided the shelves!

With these things in mind, we have concluded to NOT have the Regional this weekend, but postpone it to a later date, probably next March 20-21, 2021 already scheduled with the Fountain Hills Community Center . If this pandemic peaks and subsides by June, we may try to reschedule this year.

You may request a refund or ask that your fees be applied to the next Regional, which will be confirmed.

Even though you may not have planned to attend, you probably know someone
with plans, and you should make sure they are aware of the change. Questions about new dates may be addressed to meeting chair, Frank Wagner at
todehaulle@gmail.com

Bob Schmitt, editing an original email from Jim Powell.
Take care

Jim Powell
President
NAWCC #112

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:59 am Reply with quote
interstatetime
Chapter Officer

The average age of our membership is, unfortunately, not the group of people who need to take the chance with this virus. Who knows what will happen with upcoming shows like Southern Ohio?

If I were still working, I would be in Paris at my favorite trade show...except for the fact that they canceled it a few weeks ago.

The truth about this virus and its effect here in the US will come out. I expect it to be somewhat less dire than some of the panic we are hearing but way more serious than the admin wants you to know right now.

John Cote (Member #105)
Membership Chairman - Ch-149
Past President - Ch-18
http://www.interstatetime.com
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Bryan
Chapter Member

The US is trending down:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html#epi-curve

NAWCC#132532
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:30 pm Reply with quote
interstatetime
Chapter Officer

Bryan wrote:
The US is trending down:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html#epi-curve

Look Bryan...I am not a panic guy. But, look again at the graph at this link. The CDC says that it is only trending down at the end because cases for the last few days have not been reported or added to the graph yet. If you really think we don't have thousands of cases in the US you are dreaming. We will have a lot more. I am not worried too much about it other than the fact that it will have a huge negative effect on the economy...which may or may not be justified. It may or may not end up worse than a seasonal flue...nobody knows. What should trouble us all is that South Korea has be able to administer hundreds of thousands of tests and as of yesterday in the US we had done around 10,000. This is not a political discussion. I don't want it to be but the truth of the inaction and lack of preparation in the US is insane bull shit.

John Cote (Member #105)
Membership Chairman - Ch-149
Past President - Ch-18
http://www.interstatetime.com
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:21 pm Reply with quote
StephanG
Friend of 149

We have 3 new confirmed cases overnight and all traveled from the US

You have an advantage in that I believe the virus does not like heat and you are heading into your summer months.

We on the other hand are heading into winter and Flu season Sad

Time will tell if these things make any difference.

Proud member of CH149 and Global Horology
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Jon
Chapter President

I think this event cancellation will cause others to follow................too bad, but no hockey, NBA, BB, and marathons. Playing it safe, I guess; what's next-auctions?

SUPPORT ETHICAL PRACTICES IN HOROLOGY--Keep watches original--DO NOT SWITCH, PART OUT OR "CREATE" PW abortions!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:17 pm Reply with quote
geno
Chapter Member

Many auction companies have go to online only for some of their auctions that will obviously increase. Geno
Arizona regional posponed!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » Pocket Watch Discussions