|  Chapter 149 Web Site |  Kirx Klox Special Project |  CH 149 MENTORS | 
CHAPTER 149, THE LEADING COLLECTOR'S HOROLOGICAL CLUB, ASSISTS AND EDUCATES ITS MEMBERS>>KEEP UP WITH CURRENT RESEARCH!
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board

The original NAWCC internet chapter
established July 8th, 1990
President & Admin; Jon Hanson
Admin: John LaCambria

Chapter 149, protecting our passion one watch at a time!

Read our Standards of Conduct

login.php?sid=27cad95711f31c2aef47122e770e8ac6 profile.php?mode=register&sid=27cad95711f31c2aef47122e770e8ac6 faq.php?sid=27cad95711f31c2aef47122e770e8ac6 search.php?sid=27cad95711f31c2aef47122e770e8ac6

WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » Richard Newman, nawcc chairman » the silence is deafening
the silence is deafening
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
doc ron
Chapter Member

what has become of our esteemed chair

i believe the members and certainly i would like to know what has been accomplished this past term

what ideas are currently being discussed

how about keeping the members informed

doc ron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm Reply with quote
rpnewman
Chapter Member

Hi Don,
Regular communications is happening every week by our Executive Director, Tom Wilcox, via email to every member who wants to be informed. Those emails include everything from staff activities, to special events and promotions, to everything happening at the museum and library, projects with partner organizations, projects, etc. In addition, anyone can listen in on our Board meetings that normally take place monthly. The agenda is posted in advance on the internet and the minutes posted afterwards. All financials are also posted every month and we have a MB forum, "Member Comments & Discussions", for members to ask questions that I and other Directors read and respond to when appropriate.

The Board has a lot of oversight responsibilities including strategy, financials, committees, etc., and as the Chair, I'm up to speed on most things taking place. However the day-to-day running of the NAWCC, and the execution of our mission & objectives is the responsibility of our great staff in Columbia that is led by Exec. Director Wilcox.

I love that you're interested in what we're doing. To be completely honest, I'm not going to spend time providing information here that members can get elsewhere. That said, I'm absolutely open to responding to any specific question or concerns you may have. Please know that I do travel a lot (as a volunteer, on my own dime) to shows and to meet with collectors, donors, sponsors and other horology-related organizations so I apologize for not responding to your message sooner. What would you like to know?

Regards, Rich
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 pm Reply with quote
doc ron
Chapter Member

first of all it is ron not don

what specific improvements have you been apart of marts bulletin paper mart
message board election chapter involvement and support financials

what specific improvements are you proud of during you chairmanship

doc ron not don

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
rpnewman
Chapter Member

Ron, huge apology for calling you "Don". Think I need to enlarge the screen or font because "doc" turned into "don" in my eyes. Again, apologies.

You've asked a great question and one that I've really had to think about. I can easily talk about the great fund raising, better budget management, improvements taking place on our websites, museum and library, etc., etc.

But, I'm seeing an extremely important and positive change in the attitudes of our members (and employees). I think a lot of credit goes to our new Executive Director, Tom Wilcox, who has amazing energy, optimism and leadership skills to take on challenges and pull off huge accomplishments. I think Tom's interaction with the Board, staff and members has been really positive. I used to hear daily about something negative but believe it or not, I now get just as many compliments and members asking how they can get involved again. We can't do anything well without the help of our members. Past leadership at every level somehow forgot that and its certainly something that Tom and I work on nearly every time we talk. So, while not a tangible "I did this or that", I am most proud of all the things we're doing right to help turn our negative culture around. What are you seeing?
the silence is deafening
WORLDWIDE Chapter 149 Message Board Forum Index » Richard Newman, nawcc chairman